Many of you may wonder why you might see a baby or child in our office for a chiropractic visit. I often meet people who ask me “Why do babies and kids need to be adjusted….they don’t have pain”? It is a very good question and the answer is simple; whether we have a large spine or a tiny little spine, if that spine is creating nerve distress, then our body cannot operate or function proficiently nor smoothly.
Our central nervous system is the master controller of our body and if the body’s communication channels become distorted or damaged, then we may experience communication errors and breakdowns. Ineffective communication may play out as colic, inability to latch to breastfeed, developmental delays, digestive issues, poor sleep, behavioral issues, low energy, inability to focus and concentrate, etc.
While chiropractic may be able to help with many health issues, our focus is not treating or curing ailments; our focus is ensuring the nervous system has every opportunity to work effectively and efficiently.
10 Reasons Parents Are Taking Their Children to See a Chiropractor:
- To maximize their child’s brain plasticity and nerve development
- To strengthen immunity and reduce the incidence of colds, flus, ear infections and general illness
- To help with breathing difficulties and asthma
- To improve their child’s ability to concentrate
- To help alleviate digestive problems
- To enhance their child’s overall health and well-being
- To help with colic
- To improve spinal posture
- To assist in behavioral disorders and offer greater emotional well-being
- To assist with sleep issues and bed-wetting
Whether you have a little spine or a big spine, we all experience life stressors that can create nervous system interference which can decrease our body’s ability to communicate and heal. Simple chiropractic checkups now can have a lasting impact on your child’s long-term health. This is because chiropractic care promotes a properly functioning central nervous system and enables children to build a strong foundation of well-being.