This month we are celebrating the 127th birthday of chiropractic! Put on your party hat and celebrate Chiropractic!
- D.D. Palmer was born near Toronto, Canada, March 6, 1845. He moved to Davenport, Iowa, when he was 20, where he took up magnetic healing. He also worked as a schoolteacher, raised bees and opened a grocery store.
- The origins of chiropractic date back to September 18th, 1895 when the founder Daniel David Palmer (D.D. Palmer), performed the first chiropractic adjustment.
- D.D. Palmer performed the first chiropractic adjustment on a janitor, who had lost his hearing after experiencing back pain. Afterwards, the janitor reported an improvement in his hearing.
- In 1897, D.D. Palmer established the Palmer School of Care in Davenport, Iowa, which is, today, known as Palmer College of Chiropractic.
- In 1913, Chiropractic care received official recognition with the first state license law. In the span of 25 years, 39 states in the US officially recognized chiropractic care as a legitimate healthcare option.